All Posts Tagged as 'Poison'
Welcome to Errattic! We encourage you to customize the type of information you see here by clicking the Preferences link on the top of this page.
Costa Rica Confirms 2 More Suspected Alcohol Poisoning Deaths, Raising Death Toll to 25
Costa Rica’s Ministry of Health has confirmed two new deaths due to suspected methanol poisoning, raising the number of people believed to have recently died consuming tainted alcohol in the Central American country to 25.
The agency said in a press release that one person died in Santa Bárbara de Heredia, and another in Santa Cruz de Guanacaste.
The health ministry said that since at least June, 19 men and six women between the ages of 32 and 72 have died from suspected alcohol poisoning in several cities.
Boy, 16, dies after attack by 3 dogs in Dallas-area backyard
Police say a 16-year-old boy has died after being mauled by three pit bulls inside the fenced backyard of a Dallas-area home where the dogs lived.
Irving police on Sunday announced the boy's death. One officer was treated for a dog bite.
How to spot the toxic algae that's killing dogs in the Southeast
Pet Dog Mauls Elderly Man, Bites Off Arm Flesh Leaving Bone Exposed
A dog mauled an elderly man and ripped off a "chunk of his arm," leaving his bone exposed during the savage attack. The incident took place last week in a park in Derby, England.
Charles Brown, 82, was left bleeding after the attack carried out by a "black, muscular Labrador." According to local media reports, the owner of the dog fled the scene when it attacked the man.
"He’s had his injections, you’ll be fine," the owner said as he ran from the site. Brown managed to call wife Ann, 74, who rushed him to a nearby hospital. Doctors told him he would require a skin graft to repair the damage.
"The force of the dog was indescribable and it knocked me over onto my back. My lower body is all bruised, my back is twisted, and the flesh of my arm was nowhere to be seen... I don’t know if the dog ate it or not, but it was gone, I remember laying in bed that evening and noticing how much flesh was gone," Brown said, according to U.K.'s Metro.
Woman Killed 3 Dogs Allegedly By Poisoning, Investigation Underway
Georgia Police Deputy Shoots, Kills K-9 Unit Dog During Chase For Suspect
Alcohol tainted with methanol suspected of killing at least 19 people in Costa Rica
Costa Rica has issued a national alert about tainted alcohol after 19 people were confirmed to have died over the past few weeks from methanol poisoning. The government says several alcohol brands have been tainted with methanol, a poisonous alcohol found in solvents and antifreeze.
Since early June, 14 men and five women across Costa Rica have died from methanol poisoning, according to the Ministry of Health. They ranged in age from 32 to 72. Seven of the deaths were in the San Jose province, which includes San Jose, the most populous city in Costa Rica.
The Ministry of Health said information on the deaths is "preliminary" and an investigation is ongoing.
Air Canada Passenger Wakes Up Locked in Empty, Dark Plane After Falling Asleep Mid-Flight
A passenger who was getting some shut eye on a recent Air Canada flight woke up to find herself in a nightmare scenario.
Tiffani O’Brien was traveling from Quebec City to Toronto after a weekend trip, when she fell asleep mid-flight. When she woke up hours later still buckled in her seat, she says she was completely alone and the plane was “freezing cold” and “pitch black,” according to a Facebook post shared by a woman who identifies herself as O’Brien’s friend.
After deaths, more tourists to Dominican Republic say they were stricken with illness
Parents are poisoning their autistic children with bleach. The alarming trend is promoted online as a 'miracle cure.'
Some parents are poisoning their children with chlorine dioxide to heal autism, according to an NBC News investigation.
The alarming so-called treatment is being promoted online by proponents who claim it's a "miracle cure."
Chlorine dioxide can cause irreparable bodily harm, doctors warn. It damages the digestive system and wreaks havoc on red blood cells.
"It can lead to kidney damage and kidney failure," Dr. Daniel Brooks, medical director at Banner University Medical Center's Poison and Drug Information Center and Outpatient Toxicology Clinic in Phoenix, told NBC News.
Brooks described the use of the chemical as a treatment for autism as "ludicrous."
A pastor reportedly gave ‘miracle water’ to Ugandans. It was bleach.
An American pastor has been accused of distributing a poisonous “miracle drink” to thousands of Ugandans, including infants, according to a report by the Guardian.
Robert Baldwin — founder of a Christian nonprofit based in New Jersey — was providing a bogus “miracle cure” to almost 50,000 Ugandans, according to the outlet’s original reporting. In conjunction with Sam Little, a supposed British clairvoyant, Baldwin was promoting the substance as a cure for many diseases, including cancer, malaria and HIV/AIDS.
The cure? Known as “miracle mineral solution,” or MMS, the substance consists of sodium chlorite and citric acid, which combine to create chlorine dioxide, an industrial bleach. The U.S. Embassy in Kampala on Monday condemned the distribution of the substance.
In an interview with NJ Advance Media, Baldwin denied distributing the “cure” and said he had to shut down his operations because of the hate coming his way.
Pakistan Doctor Arrested After 400 Children Test Positive for HIV
Engineer, David Xu, accused of poisoning colleague's food and water
A California engineer accused of trying to poison his co-worker by spiking her food and water for more than a year was arrested and charged with attempted murder last week.
David Xu, an engineer at Berkeley Engineering and Research Inc., a consulting firm, is accused of adding the poisonous metal cadmium to co-worker Rong Yuan's food and water starting in October 2017, according to court documents filed in Alameda County last week. He kept trying to poison her through March of this year, the documents said.
For months, Yuan noticed that food and water she left unattended in her office had a strange taste and smell, the documents filed Thursday said.
She "reported suffering immediate and significant health problems after consuming this water and food, at times requiring emergency care at a hospital," the court filing said.